Monday, December 15, 2008

Zoo & More...

Wow. Can you believe it's been 10 days since I arrived in Oz? Insane. I know. It's been one hell of a roller coaster, but I think that's how life is supposed to be -- can't always be daisies and butterflies, right? O. It can? Damn. Oh well. I'm still making the most of it.

How you ask?
The Zoo.

My new friends, Ronnie and Kristi, have been awesome with keeping me feeling welcome in this crazy, busy city called Sydney. On Saturday, Ronnie called me up asking me if I wanted to go to the zoo with them on Sunday. Did I jump at that chance?

What do you think?
Can you say yes?
(Do I look like a dork or what?)

Guys. Jax zoo has nothing on this place. I mean. Just check out this view.


We kept joking about how they must've had this land for years...I'm guessing sometime around 35 B.C. they bought this place, but that's just a guess. It was fantastic.

Here's a picture blog of all the animals and awesome things we encountered while there:

Leaving Sydney on the Ferry.
The huge zoo.

Look at the levels of the zoo!


Overlooking the Sydney Harbour.

I think I was more impressed by the view than the animals...

I liked the way this one turned out.

It was a gorgeous day for the zoo.

Amazing.

Ah. Here's an animal -- a cool seal show!

A bearcat, like a bear, but in cat form. Or something.

This peacock wasn't afraid to show his true colors.
Yeah, that sounded about as stupid as I thought it would.


He was this close. No lie. Ronnie touched him and he ran.

An elephant -- 7 months pregnant. She likes her baths.

A koala for my momma.

This. sign. is. awesome.

Hey look! It's Australia's deadliest spider!

Let's piss it off!

Note to self: Don't piss off spider.

Obviously, before the spider show.

Mr. Happy Feet!

Bye-bye zoo.

Never gets old.

Awesome skyline, eh?

And, in other news, going out with the Irish boys proved to be....not so fantastic, but at least I got out.
Boys here are so different, very straight-forward, but...I guess...shy? I don't know. Let's just say, I'm not expecting to meet my soul mate in OZ. My mom would be happy to hear that.

Also, I have a stalker. Yes. It's Edward from the other night. He turned out to be....insane. I think that's a good word for it. No need to worry, but he's called me...mm...around 100 times in the past 3 days. Yes. That's not an exaggeration, trust me, I wish it was. I'm safe and he's far away, but he's been nothing but creepy. Hey. Thanks for the free dinner mister! Don't kill me, okay? KThxBye.

2 comments:

kaymasen said...

The Sydney Zoo! I'm SO JEALOUS!!! I would LOVE to go there one day :) All your pictures are so gorgeous!

Ronnie said...

Nice pics of the funnel web spider. I was too terrified to notice that you took photos.