Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dun Dun Dun Dun! SHARK!

Aquarium Fun Day yesterday. Sadly it only took us an hour to go through the whole thing. Obviously we didn't really take our time...we thought it was gonna be an all day event so we kept moving. Whoops. But it's all good...I think we got our fill on fish.

But, since we were done at noon, we decided to go next door to the Wildlife World -- yet, another tourist attraction. They promised koala petting and we said, yes please. Only to find out, once inside, it was the same price to enter as it was to pet a damn koala. They're cute, but not that cute. Plus, they sleep 20 hours a day -- so you have to reach up to pet it...they wouldn't want to disturb the sleeping baby. Pssh. Whatevs. We got close enough I think.

Here's the picture blog!

Where the Aquarium is located - Darling Harbour

Ah. Here we are.

Come on in!

First and foremost, there were a ton of kids when we first got there. Most likely why we went through it so quickly.

Trying to capture the tank and me. Didn't work out.

The huge tank

Pretty Zebra Stingray

Well no sh!t.

"Mariah Look! There are lobsters the size of dogs!"

Shark!

This turtle knew how to work the crowd.

A face only a mother could love...

Little Turtle swimming as fast as he could...

I feel like I'm in the tank.

These two sharks were above my head.

Mmm...calamari :-)

FYI - Eels are dangerous.

Case in point.

Pretty view of the Harbour Bridge in the Aquarium.

These frogs are way cool

The beautiful coral tanks

Evil Jellies!

I could take him on!

These ants were working like busy bees......or something..

I'm touching a snake!

He was drinking some water and stuck his tongue out at the perfect moment!

I think I love Kangaroos

Although they are lazy as 'h'

The closest I got to one of these lil' guys

This Koala was passed the 'f' out.

Way Cool.

I swear he wanted to hang out with me.

This butterfly landed on my hand first...but we couldn't get the camera out in time :-(

We got a little silly...

Even Sillier.

The silliest.

Look -- Leap Frog!

Thursday night we had an IEP event in Coogee at the Coogee Palace Hotel. It was a great way to meet a ton of CANADIAN people who are in this program. I think those are the only people who venture to Australia. Seriously. But, regardless, we got some great drink specials and had a lot of fun chatting it up with people from all over the world.

Here are a few pics of the event.

Melanie, Minelle and me at the IEP Christmas Party

"Scotland" (Andy) and I buddy-buddy at the IEP Christmas Party

Classic Ketchup Picture -- What? We were playing a game called Tits and Ass. I'm. not. lying.

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

DUDE I want to play tits & ass - it looks like you're having an awesome time YAY! LOVE all the pictures and MISS you.