Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Job Hunting Blows.

So. Yesterday. I started job hunting...

First place I stopped is a quiet bistro overlooking the ocean. They asked if I had experience then asked me to come in Thursday at 6pm for a trial period. It's weird how they give people trials, not just hire them and see what happens.

This is exactly what the patio looks like...

I walked around Coogee some more and applied just to a few other places. A place called Coogee Cafe (they seem a bit discriminatory), Coogee Member's Lodge (not hiring, but will take my app), a restaurant called Sauce (they're hiring in the next month...no good) and a place called Five-O's. After I dropped off my resume there, I felt dirty. Wasn't the cleanest of places.

O. That's another thing. They expect WAITERS to have resumes. Professional-like resume. How odd. So I doctored one up and it's all pretty about being a waiter. Haha Whatever.

On my way home, I saw another restaurant that was booming the other night. It's open from 7am - 11pm and decided I should at least go in and say hello. Sure enough, my timing was right on and the guy was actually interviewing. I have a trial period today at 11am. It's paid and I'll get to eat a meal if I work for more than 3 hours. Their meals are "Modern Australian with a hint of Mediterranean." The best part -- their specialty is grilled KANGAROO Filet...Awww. Poor 'lil guy!
I'm hoping I get off in time to work at the other place though!

Who would've thunk I'd have two jobs in less than an hour. I'll only be picking one of them so wish me luck. I need some $$ and some love! :-)

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

Well, you should do really well considering you come from waiting tables in the US. Service here sucks, but I guess that's what happens when tips are out of the equation. Good luck!