Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let's see here...

It's been 4 days since my trip to the zoo and not a whole lot has happened.

No. That's a good thing. Remember my stalker? Must mean he stopped harassing me and I'm still alive. Yay for life!

What else to tell you...

Dear Blogger......

On Monday, after I worked my shift, Melanie and I walked across the universe. Well, close. We walked up this crazy steep hill (short. on. breath.) to see a dance studio about salsa dance lessons they do. Melanie is a huge salsa dancer back home and misses it terribly so she really wanted to see how much they charged as well as what their studios look like.

Place was pretty cool actually. But the classes, way expensive.

So we walked back to Coogee (down the hill, much better) and stopped in a gym called Randwick Coogee RSL. Turns out they have a gym that's actually pretty cheap.

So, Tuesday morning I got myself up and went over to the gym for a fitness boxing class. Besides the instructor being WAY hot, it was a damn good class. We boxed like we do in Strike Zone at Bailey's Gym back in Jax. I felt like I got a good workout -- good buddy system. Afterwards, I went home and got ready for work at noon. Work was good, except I'm not working again until Monday. M-O-N-D-A-Y. That's almost a week away. So, maybe getting a 2nd job isn't such a bad idea.

That night, two girls we met at another IEP event asked Melanie and me to go into the city to meet for drinks at a bar called 333. It was all posh inside...and they were promoting their $10 burger nights. Yes, please.

Dude. They put beets on their burgers here, huh? Way weird -- I know. But. I got my ketchup fix and that's all that matters. We didn't stay there long...just enough time to catch up and enjoy the company.

This morning (Wednesday) I didn't know what to do with myself. Of course, I made this HUGE list of things to do, but ended up not doing any of them. Luckily, the two girls, Minelle and Tracy, invited us into the city to try out a restaurant called Pancakes on the Rocks.

It's in...The Rocks district -- you guessed it -- which is kind of ritzy, but artsy as well.

Melanie couldn't come in because she was working (she babysits a Polish family here in Coogee) so I ventured in by myself. I got lost. Yes. I admit it, I got lost. Very lost. Took me about 2 hours to actually find the place, but when I did...it was worth it.

Who had 2 pancakes for lunch with ice cream on top? Me. Oh, did I mention I'm not on a diet and loving every single minute of it? Okay. So my pants aren't, but I am :-) Yay.

We walked around the harbour and under the bridge.
Yay Bridge!

Yes. That's the traveling Gnome. And he's just as cute as you would think.

This one I took didn't capture the bridge.

But this one Tracy took makes me have 7672321 chins.

AND -- We actually caught people doing the bridge climb. They. are. crazy. Who in their right mind wants to scale the top of a bridge and PAY for it? I'm crazy, but not in that kind of way.
We walked around some more and ran into the theatre district in Wharf Bay. It really made me realize how much I miss theatre. REALLY.

However, we did happen to find this artwork -- it was so bizarre.

Tracy got a good picture of me looking confused as to how it got there. I'll have to steal that pic from her.

Finally, Minelle and I decided to do a bit of shopping on Oxford Street. We found this awesome bargain store that had nothing more than $15 in it. I bought two dresses ($10 each) that I will most likely never wear. But hey. At least I spent money. Huh? Don't ask.

In some tragic news, Melanie was chatting with the parents of the two girls she babysits while the kids were playing. Somehow, the two year old was strong enough to pull herself over a wall and fell 8 feet down basically hitting her shoulder and her head on some rocks below. She was rushed off to the hospital immediately, please keep your thoughts on the little girl -- we're hoping nothing serious happened to her...I'll keep you guys posted.

Otherwise, nothing exciting going on yet. I do know that Melanie and I are going to the Aquarium tomorrow (so don't worry, tons of picture will come of that) and then this weekend we should be venturing to the Blue Mountains. Talk about scenery -- this place has got it all!

No comments: