Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holy Bats, Batman!

On Monday, I went into the City so I could turn in a few papers to our leasing agent as well as print out some resumes and sign up for the RSA course required by all servers here in NSW. After all those stupid errands, I met up with Nellie -- a girl I met at an IEP function in The Rocks.
Hi Nellie!
(No offense to my new mate, Nellie, but I, yes I said I, had to bend down to take this pic.
SOMEONE IS SHORTER THAN ME!)


She's Canadian, but has been living in NYC for the past 7 years getting her degree in Forensic Science. Why would she leave, is what your asking, right? Well. I know this is going to sound crazy, but forensic science took quite a toll on her and she needed the break from dead people. :-) hah sort of.

Anyway -- we went to a great Italian restaurant in Central Sydney and had amazing tortellini. Oh. You thought I was on a diet? Pssshh. You're. Wrong.

After that, we decided to "walk-it-off" so to speak. We had heard something about the huge bats in the Royal Botantic Gardens and thought that was a must-see.

Hi. Welcome.
To The Royal Botantic Gardens. Come inside.
Lots of beautiful flowers, as you can see.

And for those who know me, I think this is the meadow where Bella & Edward fell in love...yes, I documented it. Shut. Up. You don't know me.

I hate to admit this. But after I took this picture, the statue freaked me out. FREAKED. ME. OUT. I feel like it's...trying to say...something. *shudders*

This is a Tropical Centre. Lots of tropical plants inside, but there's an admission fee? Whatevs. We bypassed that and moved on to the Rainforest walk.
Hi. :-)

And this is where it got interesting. Bats. HEAPS OF BATS. Just chillin, sleeping in the sunlight. They were MASSIVE. Words cannot describe the fear I had that one of the bats would want to eat me for lunch.
But we ended our Garden journey with cute little ducks following around their Mom and Dad. Awesome.

Afterward, Nellie and I went into Chinatown so I could try Bubble tea. It was....different. I liked it, drank it all, but kept thinking how am I hungry after eating all that freakin pasta?!? Bubble tea is like an iced coffee with tapioca balls in it. Definitely different, but glad I tried it. Apparently there are lots of Asian shops that sell it. Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Agnes said...

I love bubble tea! We have it in grand old College Park, Maryland. (It is in an Asian shop.)