Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Picture Blog Time!

So my roommate and I...











decided to meet up with a contact I had made on Facebook before I came over to OZ...Dave. He is extremely helpful and knows all the hot spots, so I've been really appreciative of him.











For instance...he took us on the awesome ferry out to Manly Beach -- the "rich" area.











Okay, so that isn't the ferry, but it's the view of the Harbor.











The Ferry was awesome. And windy.

We saw LOTS on that Ferry.










The Harbour.











The Sydney Bridge.











The Sydney Opera House.










Sailboats.











We's be happy.

After that, we were officially on Manly Beach. It was a very small town with a typical Australian Mall that had tons of shops with cheap sh*t. My kind of place.

I, of course, wanted a drink, so Dave took us to this rooftop bar. It overlooked the beach and was awesome.




















And here we are all smiley!






And the perfect way to celebrate on a rooftop bar.



O. And this is an apartment in our town and apparently grilling on your balcony is totally cool. As long as you have your shirt off. Please.





And. In manly beach, the boys are very manly...or not.

1 comment:

SamG said...

It's all sounds great, even the panic that generates a lot of energy. And Canadians are good people (generally)--your grandfather was born in Toronto and his family comes from Creemore, Ontario.

I'm so happy that things seem to be falling into place. The trip will become really fascinating when you have a chance to begin seeing and thinking about the culture and how the place makes the context. I think you'll really like it.

How do you go from Coogee Beach into the central city? Are there trains or buses? And how about some pix of your apartment and its view? Let me know if your mailing address changes. The beer looks great!

Love,
Sam