Friday, December 12, 2008

I went on a date with Edward last night.

Edward Cullen to be exact.

This is where you fall over. And die.

For those of you who know me dearly, you know how freakin obsessed with Twilight I am. O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D. I wish I could explain it any other way, but that's just not possible.

So. Shall we go over my Friday in the City?

It all started with my roommate who wanted to go shopping in the City (that's really like central downtown Sydney, but they call it the City). Don't ask questions, just accept it. Okay?

Well we went to a well known area called, "C-H-I-N-A-T-O-W-N" -- it's amazing. Full of sh!t you have absolutely no need for. It's great.

Well we shopped there after getting a bag of trail mix and a hot chai latte for our shopping extravaganza. Oh. Did I mention how gorgeous it was outside? THAT'S RIGHT. Cuz it wasn't. It was raining cats and well, more cats. Literally. We were in Chinatown, duh.

After we were done shopping (or so I thought), we walked up a few blocks so she could start her trial at her new job at a shoe store (Go Mel!) I decided to drop off a few resumes to see if I could possibly find myself a better job. If you were wondering -- that's a negative.

I met up with her later at IEP, played on the computer for, um, ever. Then we went back to the Market because she just wasn't finished shopping (OMG! Srsly!)

We hopped a bus back to Coogee with all intentions to just stay in, out of the awful typhoon.

But. Whoops. This is where Edward enters.

During my trial at Deep Blue, I met a guy named (no, not Edward) Jovan. He's from Yugoslavia or something and speaks perfect Australian. Huh? How does that work? I don't know, but he definitely still has his Soviet accent -- deep soviet accent.

He somehow convinced me to go back into the city and meet up with him to "hang out" -- we met up in Central and walked to this place that "I just had to try."

People. I'm telling you. I couldn't believe how drenched I got. I didn't even bother with an umbrella because it would've gotten turned inside out and I was going to be soaked regardless.

Anyway -- he was a perfect gentleman...sort of. He made sure I walked on the inside of the sidewalk and tried several times to cover me from the rain. Hello, Edward?

We finally got to the restaurant (called Balkan) and went upstairs. I'm not gonna lie, this food was awesome. It probably is the best cut meat in the city and was cooked to perfection. This is when I thought I was in the book/movie Twilight. The waitress spoke his native tongue so they chitchatted back and forth with me knowing not a word of it. When she walked away, he chuckled and said that she just "5-minute dated" him. If I spoke -- whatever it is they speak -- she wouldn't have gone that far. How funny. He was getting picked up right before me.

Well, after he told me his lifelong story, we decided to go back out into the rain and explore a little bit of the city. He put his arm out for me to hold on to and thank God he did because I slipped more than once. Um, hello Bella?

We ended up going to Darling Harbour, which was awesome -- tons of restaurants and bars and just a side of Sydney I somehow haven't seen yet.

Finally we ended up at a coffeeshop and chitchatted some more about life and our totally different cultures -- Soviet Union, American and Australian. What an amazing experience.

The best part was when I hopped on the bus to go home. I told the driver I wanted to go to Coogee, but the bus was going to Clovelly Beach -- just 1 beach over from Coogee. I figured I could just walk to Coogee from the last stop.

Well, the bus driver, being the nice guy that he is, told me the right bus was behind me and I should get off at this stop and flag down the driver. Once my first bus drove off, I flagged down the other bus and the driver shook his head and kept going.

HE. LEFT. ME. ALONE. IN. A. PARK. WHERE. BATS. WERE. FLYING. AROUND. WTF?

I literally had to wait in the dark for 40 minutes until my next bus showed up. This was at 1am. Wow. What a great driver -- obviously, safety is his #1 goal. Appreciate it, Mate.

It all worked out however, people started showing up and the bats stopped flying around. I hopped the next bus and met a guy from Adelaide -- he was extremely friendly and told me all about Australia, the beach and his job. Very cool.

That was my day. Sorry for making a short story long...you're just so easy to talk to. You're my only friend, Blogger. My only friend. :-)

Cheers!

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

Whoa I think that's the restaurant that my parents went to when they just hopped in a cab and asked to be taken to a good restaurant.

How crap was the weather yesterday? And today it's like 34!