Monday, December 22, 2008

Update on my life in 3..2..1..

The roller coaster has finally come to a slight lallygag. There are still hills (holy hell are there hills) but things are really smoothing down.

Sunday I worked from 3pm - 9pm and then Monday I worked 9am - 3pm. Monday wasn't the greatest because I'm still not taking tables. I really am not quite sure why that bugs me so much, because I still get paid the same (tips and hourly). I think it just boils down to the fact that I'm just not okay with myself being a "glorified busboy" -- I basically have put my career and ambitions on hold and am living it up as a busser. Awesome.

But hey! I'm only here til February, what's the problem??!? Oh great Blogger, please help me understand that it's easier to be a busser than it is to be a waiter so what's the big deal?

In other news, I went for a much needed walk this morning. I have become the epitome of laziness here and haven't worked out -- at. all. It's no good because my pants are beginning to get pissed. Must. Exercise.

ANYWAY -- as I was on my walk along the coast of Australia (hah, just had to throw that one in there), I came across a cemetery. And I don't know about you guys, but that was freakin weird. For me to be jamming away to my techno work-out music while walking through several people's place of peace. However. I do need to add that these souls have one hell of a view. They "overlook" the cliffs that overlook the ocean. WOWzers. All I could think, besides how morbid I felt, was this would never happen in the States. That's some valuable land and could be sold for billions of dollars. Ah, America. How money-driven you are.

I'll be sure to take a leisurely stroll there again, maybe pay some respects and take a few pictures. I think sunrise would be amazing there.

AND -- the final news story...I have plans. Yes, ladies and gents, I have plans for New Years. Oh no, sorry to disappoint, I will not be viewing the Sydney Harbour Bridge fireworks -- although that sounds amazing (Ah-hem, with all the 8 million people that show up for the event). Instead, I'll be working.

WORKING.

But, not the boring "I-hate-my-life" working. The "I'm-at-a-festival-with-a-bunch-of-hippies-getting-high" kind of working. I'll help run a smoothie kiosk at this festival entitled, "Peat's Ridge Festival." It's about an hour outside of Sydney and is exactly how it sounds. Tons of bands, tons of hippies, tons of food, fun and games and yes. I will be camping. I know I always say my limit is 2 days, but this is gonna be 4. However, how many Americans can say they worked an Australian festival for New Years and made almost over....well, let's just say a lot of money for just 4 days.

THAT'S IT!

I'm sure there will be more posts, but I just wanted to give everyone (all 2 people who read this blog) an update on. my. life.

Cheers!

No comments: