Tuesday, December 9, 2008

NewTown

After Nellie and I had our delightful day in the City, I hopped a bus to NewTown to meet some of my friend Heather's friends. She met Ronnie through a mutual friend back in Jax and while he was studying at UF (Go Gators!) he met his now wife, Kristina.

Luckily, they were late coming in, so I got to walk around and check out all the shops. One in particular was this small organic shop that had all kinds of neat stationary, jewelry and inspiration quotes. One that stood out was the following:

"It's not about finding yourself, but creating yourself."

Um Hi. Could that not be anymore related to my journey or what?! I wrote that one down, needless to say.

I finally was able to meet up with Ronnie and Kristina and we grabbed a bottle of wine to have during dinner. We found this cute restaurant that only charged a $3 bottle opening fee. I had some tomato soup cuz um, I had enough calories this day to last me a lifetime, Kristina had risotto which was DELICIOUS and Ronnie had a manly filet. Yum.

I learned a lot more about Australia and what their plans were for the future. They were so nice and so sweet, I was very appreciative I was able to meet them. Plus, it helps to know some more people in OZ. After a quick run to the Gellato shop, I got on to a train to Central to hop a bus to Coogee. I was done.

On Tuesday, I took my RSA course and that was about that. I met a girl from Chicago who's 26 and has been in Sydney for a week, just like me. It was SOOO refreshing to meet someone who shared the same emotions that I'm going through. She just relocated to a beach 30 minutes North of Sydney -- so we exchanged numbers and hopefully we'll be able to visit each other's beaches.

Today. It's Wednesday. And I'm off to try to find a job.

Job. Job. Job. Job. Job. Job. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

It was good to meet you too. Don't be a stranger and good luck with the job hunt. We're gonna have people over to our house sometime after we move, so I'll send some details your way in the next 2 weeks. We'll have to come visit your hood soon too.