Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day Two -- Not so Blue...

I'm not changing the header. It's funny to me.

Today was my 2nd day at the job and....

It actually went really well.

It reminded me a lot of the coffeehouse I had my first job at. Truffles. Only difference is it has a touch more class. Their (Barzura's) food is DELICIOUS (they fed me King fish today and it was scrumptious!) and the boss isn't really that big of a jerk. The people there are all walks of life. There's a guy from Columbia, a girl from Scotland, a few from Australia and one guy...um, I have no idea where he's from.

But, more importantly, this time around went way better and now I definitely have a job!!

I HAVE A JOB IN OZ!

I work again on Monday! And, although it's not customary to leave a tip, some people do and those all get pooled and we split them evenly :-) Yay!!

Today, I made exactly $12 (plus my hourly, which I think is like $15/hr). For my first five shifts, I only get paid half of the tips since I don't actually have tables yet -- I will on Monday though. I'm fine with that. It's money, right?

I think that last trial at Deep Blue really just put the icing on the cake. It made me realize that I'm better than that. I'm better than to be treated like a insignificant nothing and that's what made me so upset. I really should've left when I wanted to -- I wasted time (5 hours to be exact) on not getting paid. It seems impractical and unfair, but thus is life in Australia.

So. I'm nothing but smiles right now. Tonight...Melanie and I are going out with a bunch of Irish guys we live with. We can't understand a word they say, so it should prove to be interesting.

The best part -- Ronnie and his wife, Kristina invited me to the zoo tomorrow -- Yay!! Koalas and Kangaroos galore! :-) I'm a little on the excited side (yes, I'm a nerd).

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

I am so glad that things are turning around with the job situation. I know you were having a rough time - first with the Hostel thing and then the job deal, but look at YOU now!