Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sunday Funday

So. Sunday was a day of exploration in the town I'll be calling home for the next 2 months. As you can see from the pictures -- this place is an amazing town. It's very quaint and small, but I think that's what's endearing about it. There are two major bars here -- in hotels as a matter of fact -- and lots of little cafes and shops which are above my price range. Here are a few pics of what I encountered on my day out.




Some guy enjoying the much appreciated view.








Tropical Looking Beach.







The Beach.









Cliffs overlooking the massive Pacific ocean.









Pacific Ocean.







Rock Swimming Pool.








My. Hizzy.








Nothing but smiles.





Well, after all that, my roommate and I met back up in our room. We discussed just chilling, but I had read something about live music at the Palace Beach Hotel. So. Off we went.

Turns out there wasn't any live music, but just a bunch of "frat-like" boys and we decided to go up to a Member's only club overlooking the ocean. That quite wasn't what we expected, so we drank our nasty discounted wine and booked it.

So. Here's the thing. McDonald's is gross, right? What if the McDonald's you went to had $0.30 cones? ICE. CREAM. CONES.

You'd be excited too, right?!?

Right. So, tonight, cones were priority! As we were walking out there were two guys eating and some crrraazzyy Aussie girls were asking them if they wanted to have a cheeseburger off. It was hilarious and kind of disgusting as well. She was on her 25th cheeseburger of the night. Ugh. McDonald's cheeseburger at that!

One of the guys responded to her and I immediately turned around. IT WAS AN AMERICAN!

We ended up hanging out with them for a bit, exchanging names as Hercules, Pocahontas, etc. They turned out to be a lot of fun! We ended up going to the Coogee Bay Hotel and had a couple of Aussie beers and some dancing.

All-in-all. It was nice to get out and meet some people, even if one was an American and the other a British chap. Love Sunday Fundays!




Crane & Ketchup (btw. His last name is Lemon. Whaa?? Crane Lemon?!)






I look crazy and you can tell how short I am compared to all of them :-) They're all bending down to my level. haha!








How Melanie and Jamie acted for the first part of the night...but eventually they enjoyed each other....







Through dancing :-)

No comments: