Friday, January 23, 2009

My Date with Sydney

It's too hot to write everything I want to write. Just too effin' hot these past few days. I'm talking about to the point where you don't want to do anything but veg it's that hot. Your body sweats uncontrollably because it doesn't know what else to do. Who thought Summertime in Australia was a good idea? Srsly!

So. Here is a list of things that happened to me these past few days:

Topic One:
I worked a 11.75 hour day on Thursday. I went in at 6:45am, got off at 3pm, stayed til 4pm (we usually all stay and have lunch), went home, slept, went back to work at 6pm and got off at 9:30pm. All to do it over again at 9am the next day. Luckily, I got off at 1:30pm that afternoon. Sweet.

Topic Two:
I saw a Burlesque show. It was. Something. Else. I don't think it was quite the Burlesque show most people go to, but then again, I don't know what one really is. Honestly, I felt like I was a peeping-tom watching some girl dance around naked in her living room. I'm not going to say isn't wasn't an experience, because, damn, it was one hell of an experience.
Although, it was amazing in the right that it was at the Sydney Opera House. Very cool.

Topic Three:
I ate dinner with Minelle (who also went to the Burlesque show with me) at the Meat and Wine Co. It's known for...it's meat. and wine. I know, shocking. Of course we ordered an entree (which means appetizer)

a main (which means entree)
*No Photo Taken*

and dessert...which means...well, dessert.

Everything was phenomenal although we did order a cheeseburger for our main (hence the reason for no photo). Which was delicious, but nothing to write home about. Oh well. The wine was good. Haha. Had me some cheap Yellow Tail!

Although. We were sitting outside, downstairs and our view was literally feet. This woman didn't mind. Ew.

Topic Four:
After the show, I dragged Minelle to this party hosted by Couchsurfing.com -- thought it'd be a great way to meet new people.

Wrong.

The DJ. *Yawn*

Minelle trying to shoot herself.

This made it all better.

Topic Five:
Before dinner and a show, Minelle and I met up at that famous Blackbird Cafe. They have a GREAT Happy Hour -- 1/2 price cocktails, wine, beer and $5 pizza. So. Being in Darling Harbour, that was a must do.


Topic Six:
I took a walk along the coast. It started to drizzle a bit, but I just had to capture the beauty of this walk. Amazing. I didn't go very far, just to Maroubra Beach and back. Maroubra is by far one of my favorite beaches. It's huge and has WAY less people.

Topic Seven:
One of the chef's, JR, you remember him, made me the most amazing meal ever yesterday. I didn't know what I wanted for lunch, just knew I wanted fish. Our FOD (Fish of the Day) was Mahi-Mahi, so why not. He cooked that up with me and put it all on top of pesto mashed potatoes, field mushrooms and asparagus.
It was divine.

Topic Eight:
I just sent my first WWOOF email to a host on Kangaroo Island. I really hope to hear back from them, preferably positive. This place is an amazing island. Expensive to get to, but com'on, look at those views.

All in all. Sydney didn't really deliver the date I was hoping for. But, you know, it was an experience and not an unpleasant one at that. What the hey -- Thanks for material for me to post on my blog, Sydney! 'Preciate it!

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

WOW that island is beautiful. I can't believe you've been there a month and a half! Good luck on the WWOOF deal. :)