Friday, January 16, 2009

Update Fundate - Part 2

Thursday.

At first, I had a whole post waiting to be written about my Thursday -- just my Thursday, then I realized. Oh wait. Thursday wasn't eventful. At. All. So, here's a quick snippet.

Went to work at 6:45am.

Wasn't told I was slow and I even asked my manager if he thought I was slow today. He said no. Sweet.

That night, my roommate and I made a grocery store run cuz we're crazy. Out of control, if you will. As we were checking out, I told the lady I probably paid her salary due to my "late night runs" to the grocery. She didn't even crack a smile and told me she was tired. Oh, you crazy Australians, not getting American sense of humor. ::sigh::

BTW. I went to the Doctor on Wednesday because enough was enough. He basically told me was a virus, couldn't do anything and good luck to me. Good thing I paid him to tell me that.

Now Friday.

That was a WHOLE other day.

I dragged myself out of bed, unsuccessfully early, and took my ass to the City. It was about time I got to go pick up a package my Mom had sent me and I figured I could go to a museum or something while I was there.

I picked up my package filled with lots of goodies from Hong Kong. Did I mention my mom went there and didn't even bother to stop over in Australia to say hi?! NICE ONE, Mom. Appreciate it.

Anyway -- I decided to go do some shopping on my way to find the museum. I ended up buying a $10 dress, $19 pair of shoes and a few other knickknacks I didn't need.

I don't know why, but I decided to get lost in the process of shopping and sort of looking for the museum. I finally found the damn museum at 3:30pm. They were closing at 5pm. After talking with the "museum receptionist" -- who, btw, was full of useless information and took his job waaaaaaaaaaay too seriously -- told me I could do the museum in an hour, no problem. I paid the guy $5, thanks to my awesome 'LIFETIME MEMBER' FCCJ Student Card (love that thing!) and walked about the museum. I found some pretty cool stuff all about the history of Sydney and how it came to be...Sydney. Lots of videos and I know a ton of stuff about the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Probably more than I need to know.

There was a cool exhibit about Sydney people and their pets. Ugh. This made me miss my kitty, Charcoal. She's staying with my mom for the time being and, ya know what, I wouldn't be surprised if my mom wanted to keep Charcoal after this. She's really grown on my mom. My mom used to hate my cat. She won't deny it either -- my cat's...special. She likes people if she's forced to, otherwise she'll try to eat you. Literally. It's kind of disturbing, but what can I say, she's my baby. Plus. I'm stuck with her for another...mmm...10 years. Ew. LOVE YA!

Anyway, after an eventful day in the city, I got on the bus to go back to Coogee. A girl I work with at Barzura invited me out for drinks on Friday and as I was on the bus, she called me up to tell me to meet her at her place around 8pm. I brought over a bottle of wine, we gossiped for a bit and then the boys showed up. There were 4 guys who are friend's with Nikki's boyfriend (they're Scottish and the boys are English). They brought two boxes of Goon -- it's basically just boxed wine that tastes like a-hole. Delish. And, for some odd reason, we decided to play drinking games. With wine. Ugh.

People. I drank a whole bottle of wine that night. I don't drink much over here and that hurt. A lot. I was...hmm, what's the word? Gone. We finally scrapped ourselves up off the floor and decided to go to Bondi for more...drinks. Remember the other night? The one where JR and I went to a place called Beach Rd Hotel? Yeah. That's where we headed.

BUT.

I was denied entry. YUP. I was too drunk to go inside. WHAT. IN. THE. I have never been denied entry into a place, EVER. In America, if you want to spend your money, COME ON IN. It was hilarious, actually. Walked up to the bouncer and he said, "Sorry guys. I was told not to let you in." WOW.

Whatever. At least I wasn't the only one. Nikki, Sam and I decided to go back and call it a night, since we were pretty done. I don't have ANY pictures from that night, that's how drunk I was.

I had a really good time that night. I think it was one of the better nights I've had in Sydney. Thank God. It's all about the right people. These people were good for me.

Wait til Saturday's update. Oh goodness...

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

getting denied entry to a bar bc you're too drunk = TOTALLY. AWESOME.