Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WWOOF Post Number One

I've been doing research on where I'd like to have my first WWOOFing experience. Yes. I may have a couple, if not several, or I might just have one. I don't know yet. Exciting stuff here, people.

ANYWAY. Came across the post below. I almost fell over and died. And I think you will too.

MaMa's NurFarms, Maryborough. 300 km. north of Brisbane or 4-6 hrs train or bus to city's Lennox Street bus/train depot where WWOOFers are normally collected. Telephone or e-mail to confirm space 3-14 days before expected arrival. Arrive before 1500 Mon-Sat. because we take you food shopping immediately. We provide $A60.00 for food which you select per week upon arrival and shop only weekly thereafter. We grow essential oil crops, bamboo & mixed fruit & vegies. WWOOFers normally work M-Fr 0800-1200 or 4-hour days for 20 hours a week. Normally Sat. and Sun. are free days. Plan to stay at minimum of 5 days or for full 20 hours of work. Normally you weed or do some very simple tasks. WWOOFers stay by themselves in a flat. You cook your own food (good for vegans & vegies) and keep the flat clean. There is a swimming pool.

Here's the kicker:

The owner is a Gay male nudist but there is mixed bag of residents and workers (2-5). We prefer nudists and have clothing-optional safe areas. If you are not comfortable around naked people - stay away. Gays, lesbians, bisexuals, free thinkers, artists, musicians, students, earth mother, assorted OM chanters, seekers, Mensa members, esotericists, Greenpeace members, horticulturists, nursery people, computer types and extra trannie-terrestrials and assorted Wiccans are on the VIP list.


Should I do it? No poll for this one...I'll let you make your own decision. :-)

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

two words:
and. scene.

ps OF COURSE YOU SHOULD DO IT! :P