Friday, January 30, 2009

Amazing Night Times Two.

Good News. I've had TWO amazing nights. The first started on Thursday -- as I quickly wrote in my last post.

You're probably wondering why, aren't you? Who said I would tell?

Oh right. This is a blog.

Okay. Here we go.

The other day, while at work, I met a guy. Not like that -- he was just a guy, hanging out alone in my restaurant. Welllll....we got to talkin, found out he was from England and hadn't been in Sydney long, was just the typical backpacker doing the typical backpacker journey. We chatted for a few and BAM. I offered my number and told him to call me anytime he wanted to explore the city.

He left. I didn't think anything of it, but of course the girls I was working with were like "OOOO!! What was that about??!" I brushed it off and just said it was nothing, just another friend to be had.

The following day, while I'm at work, I get a lovely text message from this guy. Saying he'd like to meet up for a drink in Coogee. Of course, I was kind of surprised to hear from the guy and the same girls were like "IT'S TOTALLY A DATE!" Haha. I laughed that one off. Boys don't usually ask me out on dates...and I sure wasn't going to expect this to be a date. Just two backpackers meeting up and exchanging stories about our travels (um, his more than mine since he's been here for 6 months).

We meet up at the CBH (Coogee Bay Hotel) and have a drink in the Beer Garden. We had some DAMN good conversation. Turns out he's in Marketing, just got done with a Strategic Marketing contract in Perth and travelled to Sydney to do another contract job here. I asked if he wanted to have another drink, but he suggested we'd go to dinner. So we walked up Coogee Bay Rd and went to a place called Tapas Rocs. It's this really quaint restaurant that serves...Tapas. The atmosphere there is spectacular, great date ambiance. My roommate and I went up there the other night and ended up just having dessert. We both said we thought it'd be a great place to go on a date...and now that this guy had suggested dinner...I started to think....

Eh. Whatever. I was just enjoying the company and really not making much of it. We finished up there and walked over to the Beach Palace Hotel to have a "nightcap" -- well they closed a little too early for us, so we walked down to the beach and just took in the beauty of the night. The ocean waves crashing in front of us, the sand gripping beneath our hands, the stars sparkling above.

You guys, I've never seen the stars like this. I could see thousands of them. Usually you can just see the brightest of the bright, but I could see them all. It was spectacular.

After loooooong, titillating conversation, we called it a night. Eager, from both parties, to see each other again. This was one of the first guys I think I've ever met that really challenged my thought process and made me feel comfortable in my own skin. Whoa.

So. That was the most amazing night ever -- part 1.

Then, fours hours later, I was up and ready to go to my Surf lesson. There will be another post about that -- this isn't the post for surf talk.

While in Cronulla, I received a text from the guy. Who, btw, is named Ross Young. He suggested we'd go see a movie at the Open Air Cinema. Funny thing is...I had already planned to do that with Melanie, Minelle and possibly Tracy. Of course, I said yes, but he told me the one at Centennial Park, the one playing Twilight, was sold out.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said he wasn't interested in it anyway, although my heart broke a little bit when he told me that. It's okay though, because the Open Air Cinema in Bondi was playing the ever classic....

THE GOONIES.

How could I NOT go see that?!

He came and picked me up around 6:30 and then we went and got a few things for our picnic dinner at the movies. It was beautiful out, perfect temperature, great atmosphere and, most importantly, an awesome feel-good movie.

Right before the movie began, they had a drawing for someone to win a Hot Air Balloon ride. Apparently (I don't remember this, but Ross does), right before the girl drew the person's name, I said, "How awesome would that be..."

"And the Hot Air Balloon ride goes to........Ross Young!"

My heart stopped. I couldn't breathe. How...in...the...

He just got himself a trip on a freakin' Hot Air Balloon ride over Sydney.

I don't know about you guys, but I would've fainted and died right there if they called my name. He's one lucky guy. I don't know who he'll pick to go with him (me! please pick me!), but wowzers.

After the movie, we decided to go up to the Beach Road Hotel (notice how all the bars are in hotels...) and have a drink. We never run out of conversation. There's always something to be said between us and I just can't get over how intelligent and how in tune to his spiritual being he is. It's really quite fascinating.

Anyway, we ended up enjoying the rest of our night just talking and experiencing each other's stories. It was great.

So. That's part 2 of my most amazing night ever.

Tonight will not be the continuation I would hope for, since I have to work at 6, but I'm just happy to have met someone like Ross.

And if someone paid him to come into my life, I'll double it. The timing was perfect and I haven't given up on men at all. There was a time where that was a possibility....

And if you're wondering why there are no pictures....

Okay. Don't tell my mom this, but, I kind of lost my new camera. Yeah. I'm not doing so hot with the camera action. This time I left it on the train on my way to my surf lesson. Whoops. Hey. I called the station, but I'm going to guarantee it's not going to be turned it. So. Anyone have any suggestions on a CHEAP camera to buy? Perhaps something I wouldn't terribly upset with if:

a. I lose it

b. it doesn't take sh!t pictures?

Suggestions are welcomed!

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

AWWWWWW YAY! NEW, good, boy. (who is totally cute, btw). I'm so glad you have a new friend :)