Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Marsupials and Such

I'm sorry. No, really I am. It's just wrong, thoughtless and an act of betrayal. BUT DAMN. The reward is, oh, so sweet.

That's right.

I ate Kangaroo.

This was never the way I planned
Not my intention
I got so brave, drink in hand
Lost my discretion
It's not what, I'm used to
Just wanna try 'Roo on
I'm curious for 'Roo
Caught my attention

I ate a 'Roo and I liked it
The taste of his cherry slapstick
I ate a 'Roo just to try it
I hope my boss don't mind it
It felt so wrong
It felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I ate a 'Roo and I liked it

I LIKED IT!

So Yeah. It actually went down a lot like that song. Although there wasn't any cherry chapstick, it did just feel so right.

Kangaroo is a very lean meat, tons of protein and only 2% fat. Yeah, I wikipedia'd that. Anyway, it's very very tender (I had it prepared Medium Rare) and doesn't have that distinct of a flavor, perhaps a littler sweeter than Filet Mignon, but imagine that consistency and call it a day. I recommend everyone try it since it out numbers the population 3:1. Dizaymn.

In other news. I've been promoted. Yes, that's right. I'm now....a waitress. Wowzers. Feels good and I'm kicking ass. I think it's because I speak English people just enjoy chatting more with me. I had a 10 top (that's ten people) then tipped me $60. Guys, that's unheard of here. Everyone was giving me high fives and saying that's the biggest tip they've seen at the restaurant. It's cuz...I rock. I know.

Then, after consuming my 'Roo, I was walking out the door and my last table stopped me to give me a tip. They said I did a great job and deserved the tip over everyone else in the restaurant and wanted to personally hand me it. They were from the UK and were just some easy-going nice people with no teeth. I liked them. And we joked. A lot. I left with a smile on my face. I could get used to people like that.

So. Let's give thanks to Mr. Roo for letting me delight in his delicious flavor.

Oh. And let's say thanks to my boss for letting me have Kangaroo on the house (cuz I get a free meal everytime I work). HELL YEAH.

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

Dude that thing is so ugly. I'm glad you ate it! :)