Friday, January 16, 2009

Update Fundate - Part 1

Been VERY busy these past few days. I love it. Let's begin with Wednesday and work our way to Saturday.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009.

Dear Diary,
Today was a great day.
The end.

Okay. Just kidding -- here we go.

I worked at a lovely 6:45am shift and was told I was slow. You guys remember that.
Well. I failed to mention one of our cooks, JR. He's from the Philippines and is in love with me. All day the guys in the back were joking around saying he wanted my number, blah blah blah. Anyway -- he got my number and we went out that night. We went up to Bondi, since neither of us really had been there, and bar hopped. My kind of night.

First we went to Bondi Hotel and grabbed ourselves a drink. He had a VB and I had a glass of red wine. We chatted and I found out that he used to live here 3 years ago, got deported, and Rodney, the bossman of Barzura, sponsored him to come back. And Rodney paid a hefty fee to get him here. Whoa.

Then we moved on to another bar where we had dessert. He had a Crown beer and I had a glass of Riesling. Turns out, I'm not a fan anymore. I used to drink riesling like it was my JOB, but now -- no thanks. I ordered the white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake and wasn't impressed. JR was being a total chef and kept trying to figure out what ingredients were in it. I think he was just trying to impress me. It wasn't working.

We moved from there and went to Beach Rd Hotel. This. Was. My. Kind. Of. Place. As soon as I walked in there, there were all these hot guys my age and I was like SCORE! Haha. Expect it was apparent that JR wasn't too happy about the "fresh meat." He immediately put his arm around me. We walked up to the bar and he gave me some money and told me to get a drink while he went to the bathroom. I was like OPPORTUNITY!! However, he second guessed himself and didn't go until after we got the drinks. I think he felt a little...threatened.

As we chatted, I asked him about his family, his age, you know, the typical stuff. But he said a few things that had me worried.

i.e. "You won't tell anyone about us going out tonight, right?"

"I have 6 kids all with 6 different women hahah just kidding"

So. Here I am thinking, hmm...this guy is married and has kids. Has to be. So, I have that in my head thinking it's now time to end the night. Awww. Poor JR, he's a nice guy but there's something weird. Something's just not right.

Besides, we both had to work at 6:30 in the morning. Calling it night was a good idea. On the cab ride home he asked me what I wanted for breake (that's pronounced brek-e for the Non-Australians). We came up with this laundry list of things and he said he was going to remember it all and make it for me.

Well, morning came and it was time for me to take my breakfast break. Thinking he wouldn't remember and having that weirdness in the back of my mind, I end up ordering something completely different that he doesn't even touch. Later on, he stops me and says he was pissed I didn't order breakfast from him like we talked about. He had everything ready to go. Whoops.


Once again, poor JR. But there's just something not right. Not right.

I'm currently at the Apple store now writing this post and I'm having a hard time concentrating. God. These sales guys are really annoying with their talking and explanation. Ugh. Why won't they shut up for a minute so I can write this. GEEZ. So inconsiderate ;-) haha

Thursday's update coming soon!

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

dude those apple store guys are totally annoying, with they're mind control and their shirts and all. sheesh.