Friday, February 13, 2009

Helllllllllllllllllllllo Melbourne

Loving it already. Maybe it's the wine talking?

YES. I SAID WINE.

I finally got a flight from Sydney to Melbourne at 6:30pm. Exactly 5.5 hours after what I was initially supposed to fly out. It's all good because of two reasons:

1. I got free booze and a free dinner

2. I met an awesome Sydney guy.

We talked the entire flight and just made fun of Aussie and American culture. No. Don't get excited. He's 35, married and has kids. Nuffin's going to happen.

But we had a freakin blast. Ate dinner, drank a few drinks (wine in the air is AWESOME!) and now I'm sitting here at the Melbourne airport happy as a clam. Are clams really that happy? And why? That's such a stupid phrase.

Anyway. Before I left, I was reading the Lonely Planet guide to Australia. And I came across this info:

http://waywardbus.com.au/melbourne-to-adelaide-tour/

Should I do it? It's expensive. Really expensive. But might be very cool. Or should I do what I had originally thought about -- either post a note on the board at the YHA or take a train down...I'll miss out on The Great Ocean Road if I go that route and I was told you can't really do the Great Ocean Road in one day.

NEED HELP.

Please provide advice. I count on you, people. YOU.

I'll tell ya about Melbourne tomorrow -- going out for drinks tonight. Wooo!

3 comments:

SamG said...

Congrats on making it to Melbourne and in such style. This was your grandparents favorite place in Australia. I hear the trains are wonderful.

XX
Sam

Unknown said...

don't ever do any tours, has always been my way of travelling....unless there is NOOOOO other way of doing it. i've found you can always do the same thing on your own, with other people....AT YOUR OWN PACE, with the HUGE added plus of an adventure of figuring things out, have more of a sense of adventure...and less expensive. check ut bus/train routes....they probly stop at the major points anyway (do your hw)....mayeb find some people to renet a car with.... hitchhike by meeting people along the way, making (safe) friends. i've been offered tours a million times and have only ever accepted when there was no way around it. (tibet, you legally have to go on a tour....although i eventually met people along the way who DIDNT do the tour, sneaking around, and did everything they wanted to do, saaving lots of money along the way).....sooo, ask the australians there...and ask a variety. either you're a tour person or not, so seek out the nons and get their advice on this route. all tihs having been said, BE SAFE!.. So, GOOD LUCK and have fun. besos!

kaymasen said...

what Brooke says sounds good :) YAY Melbourne! Any city adventure that starts with free food and wine is bound to be AWESOME.