Thursday, February 12, 2009

Goodbye, Sydney.

Hello Melbourne.

Well. Not quite yet. I'm currently sitting in the Sydney Domestic Airport awaiting my flight. It's wet. It's rainy. It's gross. And my flight has been delayed an hour and half. It's not terrible -- gives me time to talk to you guys, right?

I moved out of my place today, which was not as sad as I thought it would be. But DAYMN. I brought a lot of shit. TOO MUCH. I even packed up a suitcase filled with stuff and stored it at IEP. And I still had to ship a box to my mom.

Guess what? It cost me $85 to ship it via a BOAT that won't arrive for another 2 months. Insanity.

Last night was a beautiful thing. A few girls and I went out for cocktails then to the Brazilian BBQ place that is always fabulous. We laughed LOUD and talked about everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. Poo mostly. It was fantastic conversation over several slabs of meat.

Afterwards we decided to get a nightcap at CBH where we ran into more Barzura employees.

You guys. I love these people. There's something about working in a restaurant that makes you feel like your co-workers are your family. I don't know if it's the atmosphere, the dealing with customers or just spending too much time together, but people really do get very, very close in a restaurant setting. I love it.

Carrabbas was like that towards the end, but Sydney people, backpacking people are slightly different -- closer, even. I look forward to seeing some of them when I get back to Sydney before I fly out.

I came back to the house where everyone in the house was just gathered together, having a last hurrah before we all move out. I stood around for a bit, but I was ready to hit the hay. Today is a big day.

I still don't have a plan for next week. I just know I'll be in Melbourne for a week and then...either off to Adelaide? Or straight to Perth? Maybe I'll put a note on the board at the YHA that I'm looking for a ride from Melbourne to Adelaide via the Great Ocean Road? Maybe I'll hop a train to Adelaide -- it's supposed to be pretty awesome.

I. JUST. DON'T. KNOW.

Remember how I thought that was the beauty of all of this before I got here? I've kind of learned that it's fun, but scary at the same time.

Here we go again.

I'll make a plan this week. I kind of have to. And money sucks. I need a job.

I'll upload pics from last night in the next post -- my connector is in my backpack which is chillin somewhere in the airport. I'm just glad I'm not carrying it around anymore. That thing is PACKED.

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

AW MAN I'm sorry you had to sit so long in the airport :(