Saturday, February 21, 2009

The. Freakin. Great. Ocean. Road.

Picture Blog -- words cannot describe the experience.

Okay. So maybe it can.

I'll explain as the pictures reveal the beauty of it all. Unfortunately, there are a lot of pictures that are in the memory bank now. Hard to capture everything. Geez.

The boardshorts of champions. Or just champions with large asses.

Welcome to Bells Beach. Right after Torquay, home of RipCurl and Quiksilver.
Yes. I said home. As in where it started.

I'm not certain, but I'm guessin he's pretty hot. He is a surfer, afterall.

Smiling on Bells Beach!

My camera rocks. Here's a bee -- doing it's job.

The other side of Bells Beach.

Next stop -- lighthouse.

Hey! It's me! In shadow form!

Look. How. Clear.

I love the signs here. They're hilarious. Ahhhhh!

I think I have an obsession with my feet. Wait -- there's more.

Smiling on Lorne Beach -- right before lunch. Everyone else went for a swim.

THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD -- SIGN!

Being silly.

Although. Don't forget when you're on the Great Ocean Road...this is how to drive.

Angry much?

Simon. He's feeding birds. And he's from England. And he's nice.

The bird posed for me!

Yes. We were that close. No zoom required.

Big ass pole house that can be rented for $375/night.

Cape Patton Lookout!

Pretty flowers.

Picnic tables in the rainforest part of the Great Ocean Road.

That's a big tree. And the last thing I took before...

I decided to sprain my ankle. Yes. The one on the left. Go. Me.

The only tracks on the beach come from Penguins. How cool.

How I hobbled around the amazing twelve apostles.

Haha. They only get better. It looks like the dad is pushing the kid off the cliffs.

The other side of the 12 Apostles.

We walked down to this beach to have dinner.

Sunset. Time to go...

We drove countryside -- much faster and less curves.

And. We got to see this.

2 comments:

SamG said...

Just beautiful. Definitely worth a sprained ankle.

S

kaymasen said...

dude wow. just wow. holy wow.