Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bittersweet Symphony

It's over.

My summer romance with an English chap has come to an end. It wasn't disastrous, quite the opposite, but it's definitely a bittersweet moment. Bitter cuz we had such a good time together, sweet because we're both moving on to do great things with ourselves.

Sww-heet!


We spent our last night together in Sydney at the Observatory. It was something I had been wanting to do, so we did it.

Here's the breakdown of the night...

I picked up my camera after it got fixed, went to buy a battery charger (not gonna lie. Would've cost me the same to get a brand spankin new camera in the end. I digress.) and then we met up at Ship Inn located at Circular Quay. We had a glass of wine and then moved on to The Rocks where we went to a Bavarian restaurant called Lowenbrau Keller.
I had this mango beer which was...interesting.

We decided...okay, I decided to listen to some music on my ipod while drinking.

The best part of this pic is the menu behind us. Malty, Nutty and Dry. OW!

We were then off to find food -- or so we thought. We both thought the other one was hungry, only to find out we were both...thirsty. We ended up going to a bar called Argyle. Had the perfect atmosphere with tons of couches and sitting areas for two people to have delightful conversation.

After downing our drinks, we visited the Sydney Observatory. We walked around the museum and then entered the amazing planetarium. Okay. Not really. Since it was cloudy and rainy all day, they had to do a presentation of the sky rather than the actual sky. The guy "hosting" the show was so monotone, I literally fall asleep on the beanbags provided. Although, I did learn a lot about the stars by osmosis.

We then saw two HUGE telescopes and got to check out:
A. A clock
B. A flag

Wow.

Moving on. We went into a tiny room where we got to watch two 3-D movies. It was...probably the best part because the guy stopped talking. And I didn't fall asleep this time around.

We left the Observatory and took in the gorgeous sights of the Sydney skyscrapers -- rather cool.
Then we went back to Argyle for another drink. Then, since we were in The Rocks, I took Ross to Pancakes on the Rocks which we savored delicious pancakes. At 1 in the morning. My kind of eating! Haha.

He is drinking house red wine -- similar to drinking at Denny's...not the greatest.

Ross looks like a monkey here.

So that's about it. He left today to do his 10 day meditation in the Blue Mountains and I'm off to Melbourne on Friday. Moving on.

Here are a few phrases I picked up from my adventures with Ross:

"That is totally naff." -- basically meaning cheesy.

"Are you having a giraffe?"

"Excusé?"


Summer Lovin' -- Had me a blast. But. Bring on the next adventure. I. is. ready.

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

DAMN girl - he was a cutie cutie cutie. 10-day meditation? WOW.