Wednesday, March 4, 2009

To Everything There Is A Season...

I know I haven't updated you on all the fun things I've done with G-pa this weekend...and unfortunately, this isn't that post.

I just want you all to know that I was just sitting on their computer (since mine doesn't get internet here) and started to tear up.

Oh no. Not because I'm just overjoyed to be spending the week with my long-lost grandfather. Not because we've been reminiscing about the memories of my dad and his brothers and my crraazzzy grandmother. Not because these grandparents have been bending over backyards (srsly, they used to be in the circus) to make me feel welcome and special.

BUT BECAUSE...

I'm sitting on a computer, playing spider solitaire and slowly, VERRRRY SLOWLY, watching my life pass me by. And I'm not getting any younger. And I'm not going to find my husband via the computer. Well, maybe playing WOW (World of Warcraft something or other), but definitely not by playing spider solitaire.

IT'S CALLED SOLITAIRE FOR A REASON. People DIE solitarialy....alone....when playing it. DIE.

So I'm off.

To ride a bike.

Borrowed from the cute, Aussie, taken neighbor.

That has gears. (the bike, not the bloke)

And front brake handles.

Dear God. Help me now.

Love ya!

No comments: