Sunday, March 15, 2009

Advice

Today was a fairly eventful day, except I didn't find a job.

I went to 6am spin, did a few weight machines and felt really good. Very proud of myself for gettin off my ass and gettin some workout did.

I called up my mom and we had a long, long chat about life and everything about it. She told me to just get out there and enjoy what this place really has to offer.

And you know what? She's absolutely right.

But that's what bums me out about this situation -- I've been back and forth from my place today, chatting with friends from back home and overall, not really enjoying my stay here on the Gold Coast. I need to explore Queensland, but am so afraid to do so because of money. It sucks.

So I've made a plan. If I can't find a job by Friday -- coincidentally when my rent is paid up to -- I'll hop on a bus and take my ass to Brisbane, or Noosa, or maybe even Fraser Island. Live out the rest of my working visa on the road, as I have been for the past month. Then change my flight to come home April 11th rather than the 30th.

What do you guys think? I really do want to stick it out, because I should be enjoying my time regardless if it's exciting or not, but this is something I've really contemplated. Besides, to transfer my work visa to a travel visa I have to pay $240. That blows. Especially since I'll only be here for two weeks after I change it.

But, yes, my flight is booked for April 30th. It would probably cost me about $100 to change it...I'm guessing.

I need advice. Bad.

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

I think Debbie's right. I know you're worried about funds, etc. But I think something will come through. I really do. Not having a lot of money will bum anyone out. I mean, you're in Oz for goodness' sake. Live it to the fullest! :) Not that I don't want you back for my own selfish reasons...