Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hi. Remember me?

Sorry I've been slacking on the posts. I hate moving to a new place -- always hard to get into the swing of things.

I've been incredibly busy here on the Gold Coast. It's GORGEOUS here, a lot like Coogee, except with a ton more to do.

Although. No one's hiring.

That's gonna be a problem.

So. Tomorrow's Monday and it's a day I've dedicated to calling potential employers and doing some door knocking.

And if it doesn't work out, I might be backpacking up to the most beautiful spots in Queensland and then dipping out. Which might mean I might be coming home sooner?

This is hard. I'm super homesick today. It could be the fact that I'm really getting to be flat broke, sleeping on a mattress on the floor and I know no one.

My roommate is a guy from Melbourne -- he's really nice, but a bit of a loner too. He doesn't go out much, which isn't a terrible thing.

And I'm not having a horrible time. I just know I'm not having a super fantastic time. I want to have BBQs on the beach with "mates" and go exploring the city with friends and..and...and...

I'll write a post soon about everything I've been up to. It's a lot. But I'm just in a "I-miss-friends-and-home" mood right now. Oh. And I'm already sick of eating tuna cuz it's $1. I'm broke, ppl. Broke.

2 comments:

kaymasen said...

I'm sorry sweetness. So very sorry. I hope things turn around soon.

RJ said...

MISS YOU TOO GIRL!!!! sorry im catching up on all this at the same time!!.....Email me!!!!!!!