Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rollercoaster Wednesday

So for my last few days in Broadbeach, I didn't make most of it. I really relaxed, did some shopping (Hellz yeah! Finally!) and then I took a few walks on the beach.

As you saw in my earlier post, I went for a early-ass morning walk and then went shopping at a lil' place called Pacific Fair. I forgot to mention there's nothing lil' about this place. It's, in fact, the largest shopping center on the Gold Coast. And it was glorious.

On Tuesday, I went back to Pacific Fair to return some things. What. Some habits die hard. And that one will NEVER die. I promise.

Then I bought a dress to make myself feel special (what? It was $9.95) and I booked myself an appointment to have my eyebrows waxed and my eyelashes tinted.

It. Was. Awesome.

The girl was probably the best beautician I've ever had. She was quiet, didn't want small talk and took her time. While my eyelashes were being tinted, she asked if I wanted a head massage. I thought about it for a hot minute thinking that this might be extra, but what the hell. Why not.

Ladies & Gents, that was by far the best damn $40 I spent in a long long time.

Later that day, feeling a bit antsy, I went for a long 9k walk along the beachside until I ended up in Nobby Beach. Cute lil' beach town. But nothing to report there, just got some much needed exercise.

I went to bed pretty early on Tuesday consider I haven't been sleeping that well. Not so well that I had to take 1/2 an ambien on Sunday night. Kind of sad.

Woke up Wednesday a little uneasy. I had a lot to do before I left -- pack my bag, clean the apartment, do some last-minute laundry and get my ass to the bus station.

And I hadn't heard from my Sydney boyfriend.

That worried me most of all.

But it was all good, we chatted for a hot minute before I made my way to the bus station.

BTW. I don't ever want to do that again. This backpack is HEAVY. And it was hot. HOT.

I basically got to the bus station and picked the first counter that said Byron Bay and booked myself on the bus just so I could get rid of my bag. Thank you Jebus.

I sat down next to a girl who had booked the same bus and she was so nice. Caroline from London. She has a round-the-world ticket that she started back in August. She's been all over Europe, Asia, Australia and now she's off to South America, Central America, NYC and then back home. How PIMP. She said she only paid 2500 pounds for 17 different flights whenever she feels like it.

Lucky Bitch!

We exchanged numbers since we'll be in Byron the same amount of time. Hopefully we'll meet up for a drink.

We were dropped off at the Bryon bus station where I got to meet my Sydney boyfriend. It's been about 2-3 weeks since I've seen him and it was a bit nerve-racking. Silly. I know. But it was good.

We dropped Caroline off at her awesome hotel (this girl is living it up!) and then we checked into our hostel...which is fairly far from the town, but it's right on the beach and actually very nice.

We decided to walk along the beach into town where we stopped at a bar to get a beer. Price was all that mattered. Then we went to the grocery store so we could make ourselves a cheap cheap dinner.

$4 steak w/ tons of veggies and potatoes.

It wasn't half bad.

We walked down to the beach after dinner and just checked out the stars. I must've seen 6 shooting stars in the course of an hour. It was spectacular. What a great way to spend the first leg of our trip together.

It's gonna be a long journey, that's for sure. Camping not my thing, but I'm up for the challenge. I'll keep you guys posted!!

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

WHAT? You are watching falling stars without me? OMG HO. Just kidding :) I hope you thought of me (sure ya did) hehe.