Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Last Few Days...











Fortune says: "Sometimes traveling to a new place leads to great transformation" ... And, boy, do I need some transformation.

Technically, I don't exactly start my adventure for another 10 days, but it's my last few days here in the Corporate World.

And, honestly. Things couldn't be more awkward.

I say this in a loving way, really I do, but I can't help but feel like I really am just that replaceable.

The Marketing group has moved on, doing what they do best -- coping with the added pressure of losing someone.

But. It feels weird. Really weird. And I can't help but feel torn between two things.

A. Living out my few days here with a smile.

B. Getting the 'h' outta here for the sake of my sanity.

Alas, I prevail. And stick it out with as much biting my tongue as possible. I never said it would be easy.

In other news, things are REALLY starting to get down to the wire. And I don't really have a plan. All I know is -- I need to start packing. Not only my backpack, but my life as well.

I have this awful condo to contend with and so far, it's winning. So, I'm trying to mend my pride and succeed with a victory (as much as possible) in the end. We'll see what happens, but I know it's going to involve a lot of heavy lifting. Boo.

Sidenote: The time it took me to write this, I down an entire cup of hot chocolate. And I will not make any apologies for it. It. Was. Delicious.

1 comment:

kaymasen said...

Transitions are H.A.R.D. There is no way around it. And I can't even imagine transitioning from one country to another. It is a huge feat/undertaking. You have a lot of strength and drive, otherwise you wouldn't even have gotten this far on your plans. How many people have said to me "Wow, I've always wanted to do that but never have" when I told them about your journey? Quite a few. Take pride in yourself and your ability to take on such an adventure and see it through. This will be one of the hardest parts, the wait. You can no longer relate to here bc you are about to say goodbye, so you feel lost. You can't relate to Oz because you're not there yet, so you feel ungrounded. Be patient with yourself. This is not an easy thing.